Sharing gives great pleasure
It was in 1817, under the reign of Louis XVIII that Pascal Dartigalongue was born. Coming from a family of winegrowers based in Saint Lannes near to Madiran, he spent his childhood in the heart of the vineyards surrounded by wine and « Eau-de-Vie »
(as Armagnac was called at the time).
In 1838, under the reign of Louis Philippe, he settled down in Nogaro thanks to the 10 000 gold Francs that his father gave him of his share of the family business that he had to leave to his elders. His beginnings were hard, but very quickly he understood that Armagnac was a product for export. His Armagnacs, sold in barrels, found markets in Belgium, Holland, England and even already in the USA.
His business prospered and sales flourished when in 1870 his nephew Joseph took over. This change saw a rapid progression for the house, helped by the creation of the railways. The export sales of Armagnac were no longer totally reliant on the port in Bayonne. A few kilometres from Nogaro, the wagon trains were loaded and they went as far as the northern European capitals of Rotterdam, Antwerp, London, Hamburg.